Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Campus Advertising

If you're a high school or a college student, I'm going to assume that you have many bulletin boards on the walls welcoming postings of any sort. In my college, they are usually flooded with club and book sale postings.

Thousands of students come across these postings on a daily basis, so you may rest assured that many will be curious when coming across your posting - especially if they're looking to make an extra buck on the side.

Since my new semester just started, I had a few books to sell. This was around the time when I first signed up... so I figured I could get some students interested in AGLOCO in the process.

Below the listing of books that I was offering for sale I typed: "BTW - would anyone like the opportunity to make extra money on the internet for free? If so, please contact me." I also put little clippings on the paper which contained my site and e-mail which students could just rip out and take with them. I had 10 of these per posting.


Within two days of signing up and having the postings, I had 12 direct referrals. I was pleased because I'm thrilled over each and every referral that I get.

If you guys want to follow on this idea, it's pretty easy and it can be very effective - depending on how big your college or university is.

You can make up the postings with any regular printer paper. If you have photoshops skills which I lack, you can also decorate it and make it look more attractive and attention-catching.

But of course, it's WHAT you say when it's on paper that will make the difference. So test out different lines to see which gets the most response.

You could also rent a table in the college halls, although I haven't followed through with this idea yet. You could do the same at public events as John Chow advises. I believe this would prove to be a more effective way because you have face-to-face interaction. You can share how excited you are about the company and how it has the potential to blow up like MySpace one day.

It would also be wise to have business cards or a laptop when you do this. They will need to be able to go to your site and register as your referral. If you have a laptop, you can sign them up on the spot.

Well, that's all for now! Good luck guys.

No comments: